The Stephen C. Massey Scholarship has been created by the Foxboro Music Association and the Massey family to honor the legacy of Mr. Massey’s musical direction in the Foxborough Public Schools. Mr. Massey is known for his tireless dedication to his students and his craft, and he has established a culture of excellence admired by others far beyond Massachusetts. The cornerstones of his teaching have been leadership, mentorship, hard work and personal integrity, and these lessons have become lifetime learnings for the thousands of students he has influenced.
Beginning in 2018, student and faculty scholarships will be awarded annually to celebrate this culture of excellence. These scholarships are financially administered by the Foundation for MetroWest. The selection and award processes are managed by the Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Committee in conjunction with the FMA.
- A student college scholarship will be awarded to a Foxborough High School graduating senior who participated in the FHS music program and reflects the culture of excellence cultivated by Mr. Massey within the Music Department and Foxborough High School.
For information and to apply for the Student Scholarship, please click here: Student Scholarship
- A faculty scholarship will be awarded to a current FPS music faculty member for special summer or school vacation artistic development opportunities, learnings from which will be applied to the classroom.
For information and to apply for the Faculty Scholarship, please click here: Faculty Scholarship
In honor of this extraordinary educator and to support Mr. Massey’s legacy, please consider a donation to The Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Fund. Our goal is to accomplish all the fundraising needed to award these scholarships in perpetuity by the end of June, 2018. As of December, 2017, we are approaching $60,000 raised, and are hoping to reach $100,000. Thank you!
1. For Donations Under $250
Checks should be made out to the “Foxboro Music Association – Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Fund” and mailed along with this form Massey Scholarship Form to:
Foxboro Music Association, PO Box 746, Foxborough, MA 02035
You can also donate directly to the Stephen C. Massey Scholarship by clicking on the Donate button below.
2. For Donations of $250 or greater — Please donate directly to the Foundation for MetroWest by the following methods:
- Make your gift online, please choose “Other Fund” from the dropdown menu, and indicate Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Fund in the space provided.
- Transfer Securities — Please contact Mary Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508.647.2260 if you are interested in transferring assets to the Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Fund.
- Mail a Check — Please make your check payable to “Foundation for MetroWest” with Stephen C. Massey Scholarship Fund in the memo line.
Mail to: Foundation for MetroWest
3 Eliot Street
Natick, MA 01760
The Foxboro Music Association is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Thank You to Our Founding Donors
Jeffrey M. Lovely, Counselor At Law
Lovely Insurance Agency
Music & Arts
Partners in Patriotism
Rotary Club of Foxboro Inc
South Shore Conservatory
Subaru of New England (Ernie Boch, Jr.)
Suburban Travel Agency, Inc.
Dan & Katie Bates
Bev & Tom Crocker
Susan Davis DMD
Bruce & Michelle Gardner
David & Bonnie Haley
Lenard & Leslie Kasang
David & Diane King
Mary Townsend Lee
Barbara & Stephen Massey
John & Lisa Mclellan
Sheila & John Peterson
Richard & Ann Rau
David & Ruth Sharpe
Gift in Memory of John Edwin Silvis
Kim & Peter Vacheron
Karen & John Wheatley